- Describe the neuroanatomy of attention, memory, and cognitive intellectual capacities using gross specimens.
- Outline brain neuroanatomical areas implicated in cognitive disorders.
- Describe different pathologies associated with various cognitive disorders (ie. Alzheimer’s dementia, Frontotemporal dementia, Lewy Body Dementia).
- Describe the histopathological and molecular pathological changes that characterize the common causes of dementia.
- Describe the appropriate use of imaging in the diagnostic work up of patients with new onset cognitive decline including the strengths and limitations of CT, MRI and PET/CT.
- Recognize the imaging findings of the various types of dementia presented in lab.